THE LINKS ON THIS PAGE NEED TO BE UPDATED DUE TO THE MOVE TO THE NEW BLOG HOST
- [Degrees to steradians] – I quite often find myself wanting to convert from square degrees to steradians (SI unit for solid angle), its simple but I waste too much time doing it (just recalling if its pi/180 or the otherway etc), so I’ve wrote a PHP script (note: python version above) [more here]
- [CSS Image Maps] – Want to add floating text to a webpage? [more here]
- [Word Documents with PHP] – Creating word docs with php [more here]
- randomrows.sql – randomise rows returned from SQL database
- This returns entries from a database in a random order. It is setup for a SDSS database, with objID and plate in. Now why would you want to do this? Well, maybe, you just want to return a random sample from the SDSS without having to download the sample (due to its size it is unfeasible to download it all) and run some C program. This allows the randomization to be completed without having to download any data, thus utilising the best features of SDSS – the ability to process the data at the source. The idea for this came from [SqlTeam.com].
- Distance Modulus: – more info see [here]
- [University of Birmingham Observatory Log book] – source not online currently.